My time in Fethiye was extremely pleasant, full of beautiful vistas and lazy days on the beach. That being said, some views are nicer than others.
For example, for three of the four nights that I spent in Fethiye, this was the view from my dorm window, literally two feet away from my bed:
Fethiye, Turkey.
Butterfly Valley, Turkey.
Butterfly Valley, Turkey.
Perhaps the most impressive view of the region came from 2000+ metres in the sky, when I tried paragliding for the first time. I wasn't particularly keen to try paragliding, but I figured, when in Turkey, why the hell not? Don't let the mediocre photo quality fool you, the view was pretty amazing.
View over Oleduniz, Turkey.
However, despite all these fantastic views, this is the one that I woke up to every morning, and to be honest, it left me feeling a little cold:
Writing on the underside of the bunk on top of mine.
Anyhow, after four days in Fethiye, I've made it two and a half hours down the coast to a sleepy town called Kas (pronounced 'cash'), which is known for some pretty good scuba diving. Back in August, at the time around my birthday, I had debated on whether to gift myself a Longchamp bag or a couple of dive sessions in Turkey. In the end, I passed on the bag, with all the intention of coming to Kas to dive, but now that I'm here, I'm feeling a little uninspired to go diving. Maybe it's the fatigue talking, because I did not get much sleep last night, thanks to the symphonic snoring quartet who were my roommates for the night...one little Korean man in particular was truly impressive in how much noise he could produce...as my Aussie travel companion of the last couple of days put it, "it's like he's fuckin' trying to suck the paint off the walls!" For this reason, I woke up feeling a little grumpy, and it may be colouring my desire to do anything that requires much energy. In any case, I have until tomorrow morning to decide how badly I want to try diving in the Mediterranean; I'll probably leave for Antalya tomorrow afternoon, so if I'm going to dive, tomorrow morning will be the only chance to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment