Friday, October 2, 2009

It has been a pretty insane few days here in Aleppo. From wandering around for several hours yesterday trying to find a neighbourhood clearly indicated on the map (I'm normally pretty good with maps, so I'm CONVINCED that the neighbourhood doesn't exist), to my adventure of escaping from a burning vehicle in the middle of nowhere, watching part of a field go up in flames, and being stuck by the side of the road for two hours this afternoon (true story, no exaggeration!), it has been CRAZY! I'm having a hard time thinking of anything specific to write about my experience thus far, so for now I'll just say that it's been a challenging first three days in Syria, but I'm having a blast. Apologies for the brevity, but I'm feeling pretty beat right now, so I'm going to cut this short and crawl into bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment